Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 7- 31 Days of Praying scripture for Children


The hubs and I went to the movies this weekend. "The Butler". Wow what a powerful plot. I think it allowed me to get a glimpse of how things really were during the Civil Rights movement. I had "learned" about it in school, have even been a part of some discussion in days gone by.  But this movie was truly an eye opener for me. Such clear representation of the struggle that our nation suffered. 

After reading today's scripture, I am reminded that we all have a role to play when it comes to Justice,  and Mercy. How will God choose to use us?  Will we support how He might choose to use our children?

Day 7:  August 25God, help this child to love justice as You do and to act justly in all they do.  Psalms 11:7, Micha 6:8 

DO
LOVE
WALK
With YOUR GOD

Lord,
I pray for a stirring in the heart of my child. To DO justice, to LOVE Mercy, to WALK Humbley before you in all that they do. May these words cause action. May it cause them to rise up and find purpose in You. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment