Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 5- 31 Days of Praying for Children

I recently encountered someone who lost ALL self control. Their words, their expressions, their actions. Unfortunaly I happened to be in the neighborhood and got caught in the cross fire. It was NOT pretty!  

After reading today's scripture, I realized something. The verse says "let them be alert". I began to think about the situation mentioned above. This person was so consumed with letting all their feelings out, that they were not aware of anything else around them. They could have been on fire and I truly believe it would have been to late before they realized it. 

I recall many times praying to The Lord.  Asking Him to grant self control to my little one. It would have been beneficial to me for them to have NOT thrown a tantrum over a toy, but this scripture alludes that it is SO much more than tantrum control. It is for their safety, it is for their well being. When uncontrol sneaks in, it takes over and we are no longer in control of anything.  

Day 5:  August 23-  Father, help this child not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do.  Thes. 5:6

Dear Lord,  as much as I want my child to be self controlled for MY benefit, I want them to be self controlled for their own benefit. Please cause the seed of self  control to be deeply rooted in their heart. Let them be alert when that "out of control" feeling wants to creep in. We thank you for your Word, and the wisdom it gives. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment