Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 4- 31 Days of Praying Scripture for Children

Day 4: August 22- May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection. Psalms 25:21

Recently someone asked me, " how is it that your 8 ( almost 9) year old is still so innocent, carefree?" They commended my husband and I for protecting that youthfulness in her. I left the conversation feeling AWESOME about my parenting skills, but did quietly ask The Lord, yeah but how did we do that...? See I know that all my parenting abilities come from God and from the example I had in my own parents. But what caused this phenomenon? I was sure I had very little to do with the process lol!

After reading today's scripture, this is the answer to the "secret". The combination of integrity and honesty produces the virtue and protection of a persons heart and mind. It is so easy to be "honest" with someone, but we don't always include the integrity part of this verse. So what is integrity?
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes.

Integrity Lord is the key to virtue and protection of our minds and heart Lord. Please help my child see the difference in "just being honest and having integrity as their guide for their words and actions. May they live their life through a lens of principles, morals, values as they make decisions, choose friends, and speak truth. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment