Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 3- 31 Days of Praying Scripture for Children

Day 3: August 21- Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them. Ephesians 5:2, Galatians 5:22

In September, our church children will begin learning about the fruit of the Spirit and how God wants it to enhance our life. We will compare it to "JUICY" delicious fruit or a dry, withered branch. As I read and meditate on today's scripture, th...e image of a small child and giant piece of watermelon comes to mind. It is so difficult to eat even a bite of melon without it dripping all over....well, everything. That is the "life of love" God wants us to live. I'm thinking watermelon for supper!

Dear Lord, I thank you for the vivid image and example that Your word gives. Your words truly are LIFE! I pray that the Holy Spirit dwell in my child. That His presence be like Juicy, dripping fruit as my child lives and has being. May I be a sticky, messy example for them Lord as I savor the opportunities to love them. In Jesus sweet name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment